MAY 3, 2013 - Our Garden.

Where does the time go? I lose track all the time, especially when it comes to posting on the blog when you're busy updating your website and building your new portfolio... and instagram... and facebook. There is just so many different mediums now and apps to share your work it's hard to pick and choose. However, after a busy few months of renovating and almost completing our basement suite, I managed to also build some garden boxes and get some seeds in the ground so we can start eating out of our backyard. It took a few weeks as it's been a bit cold out, but finally the green started to appear.
 Above left: cauliflower
Right: lettuce



A pumpkin.
Some rhubarb from my Mom's, which is originally from my Grandma. I think I can officially call this 'heirloom'.
On the left, a maple tree that seeded itself in our compost from our neighbors tree. They sprout up everywhere but I kept this one as it was already quite big and it will be fun to watch it grow up over the years. On the right, is a Daphne shrub that seeded itself at my mom's.
I love our lilacs. We live in downtown Kamloops, in the heritage neighborhood so we are lucky to have loads of old growth trees and plants. I love the privacy they provide, and of course the smell! It's a special time of year when they are in bloom and transform Kamloops to a whole different place. This is also one of the fences we built in the fall/winter when we first bought the house. We finally finished staining it in the early spring.

It total I've planted tomatoes, potatoes, corn, sunflowers, peas, beans, peppers, onions, carrots, lettuce spinach, green onions, strawberries (a gift from out neighbors), zucchini, pumpkin, cantalope, brocoli, and cauliflower.

No comments:

Post a Comment