JULY 12, 2012 - SHANE & STEPH | winners parking isn't for just for anyone

This was a last minute engagement shoot with Shane & Steph. Their wedding is quickly approaching on July 28, just fifteen days from now. Although we first met in the winter and have had over 6 months to plan for and schedule a shoot, I guess life just got a little busier then expected.  Summer time tends to get that way though.  Even when the only thing you feel like doing is sitting on the beach every day with no plans.

For Shane & Steph's shoot I was really looking forward to getting to finally use the BC Lottery Corp. building as a backdrop for some of it. It's got these great colored decals all over it and when I found out Shane worked there, I knew it would be perfect. It was a hot summer evening with a beautiful sunset and we hit up a few different spots downtown, some of which we will re-visit on the wedding day as well. The Interior Savings Center was where they first met and had their first date; a hockey game.

When first going through a shoot it takes me awhile to pull out my favorites.  I'm constantly striving to improve and be a better photographer and find new ways of capturing moments and of seeing things.  It's not always easy to find new perspective, especially when in such a competitive field. But then, after I've got my favorites and have edited and am posting them, I just fall in love with them and look at them over and over. I think most people will tell you the same thing about their favorite photographs, that it's not just the technical aspects of taking the shot; exposure, composition, lighting. It's a combination of that paired with the emotional attachment and the story behind the image.

Shane & Steph, I had a lot of fun hanging out with you and am looking forward to your wedding.

I hope you enjoy your photographs!





















1 comment: